There are many health drinks and beverages in the market, but nothing is better than water. Water is essential for a healthy mind and body, as every cell, organ and tissue in the body needs water to function properly.
But with a little bit of creativity, you can have water that is both flavorful and colorful. This can be done by adding some healthy fruits, vegetables and even spices to plain water in order to enhance the taste and flavor.
To overcome the boring taste of plain water, lemon is one ingredient that can add a new flavor to it. The tangy taste and the fragrance are generally liked by all.
It is easy to make lemon-infused water and takes little time, as lemon releases its flavor almost immediately. Plus, you can take this infused water with you and sip it all day as a delicious hydrating treat.
- Fill a large jug with filtered water.
- Cut 2 lemons into thin slices and add them to the water.
- Add some fresh mint leaves or thin ginger slices (optional).
- Add some ice cubes as well.
- Refrigerate it for about 2 to 3 hours, then drink it as needed.
A popular thirst quencher, watermelon is a favorite among all age groups. This refreshing and delicious fruit has all the factors to enhance the taste of plain water.
- Fill a mason jar with cool water.
- Cut watermelon into thick pieces and remove the seeds.
- Gently put the watermelon pieces in the jar.
- Add some basil leaves to add an amazing freshness.
- Keep the jar in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- After drinking the infused water, you can also snack on the watermelon.
Cucumber is another water-rich fruit that you can add to plain water to enhance its taste. Composed of 96 percent water, it contains no fat or cholesterol and is very high in nutritional value.
- Peel a cucumber and cut it into ½-inch slices.
- Add the slices to a jar filled with water.
- Immediately add ice cubes to prevent the cucumber slices from floating.
- Allow the infusion process to take place overnight in the refrigerator.
- After drinking the infused water, you can even eat the cucumber slices if you like.
Note: Make sure to drink this cucumber water within a day.
4. Green Tea
Health-conscious people are switching to green tea for a healthier body and mind. You can use green tea to give boring water a flavor boost to ensure you get your recommended ounces per day.
- Brew 1 to 2 cups of green tea and allow it to cool.
- Put the green tea in an ice cube tray and put in the freezer.
- Pour cool water into a jar and add some mint leaves or thin ginger slices.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When you need to drink water, fill ¾ of a glass with water from the jar.
- Add 2 cubes of green tea and a little lemon juice to the glass.
- Enjoy your refreshing drink any time of the day.
Strawberries are a perfect treat for staying hydrated as they contain 92 percent water. They even contain all kinds of vitamins that promote good eyesight, making it a perfect drink for those who live in front of a computer screen.
- Put slightly crushed ripe strawberries in a mason jar.
- Lightly crush some sage leaves in your hand and place them in the jar.
- Add some ice cubes directly into the jar.
- Top the ice cubes with filtered water.
- Put the lid on the jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Enjoy the strawberry-infused water whenever you please.
Not only is this infused water delicious, but it also becomes slightly pink, which makes it even beautiful to look at.
Feature Image Via Tumblr.